Thursday, June 14, 2012

Popcicles!!!!

With the hot weather we've been having, I decided to try to make a healthy refreshing treat to have on hand. I thought I would try making popsicles. I don't have popsicle molds, so I made them in paper cups with plastic spoons for handles. :)

 Pina Colada Popsicles:

1 can light coconut milk
1 can crushed pineapple
1 cup shredded coconut
honey to sweeten

Blend together and pour into molds. Enjoy! 
Oh and freeze them :)



5 comments:

  1. I like the red chair, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! my family has been trying to figure out a way to make popsicles that my mom can have and that are doable without popsicle molds. this is perfect! i can't wait to try it out! = D

    ReplyDelete
  3. (in that picture, jordan TOTALLY looks like oliver. i'd seen the likeness before, but not quite so marked. =D )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh, what a delicious summery treat! I had forgotten about the simple pleasure and joy of the homemade popsicle. If only it would get hot enough here to make popsicles a must. It's foggy, mostly in the 60's these days. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I tucked it away for the future :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love the red chair too. :) At some point there might be a post on it!

    I hope you get some more warm weather for popsicles, madeline blair.... it appears the fog is back!

    You are so right, carreena! I didn't notice it at first but now that you point it out, they do look so much alike!

    Sarah- we've had abnormally warm weather here. This morning the fog is back! But I love the cool weather too. It's what I'm used to, so I love it. :) For some reason it makes me want to go camping.

    ReplyDelete