Ok, so I know its not October anymore- but I did make these in October! We have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. Horses, overseeing rentals, office work, and a baby tend to occupy alot of time. Anyway, I just haven't made time for writing lately. I still have a bunch of posts to catch up on, and I will, eventually. :) For now here is our panini monthly.
Process: Slice your bread, tomatoes and cheese, and cook bacon. Layer cheese and tomatoes on once side, and bacon on the other. Press together and grill! I used a bit of oil on the bread for crispiness.
'Thin-inini'
When I say 'thin', I don't mean 'light'. This is by no means a low calorie food, however, I wanted it to be thin and crispy, thus the name.
What you need:
Thin sliced bread (I used homemade rosemary and jack) , thin sliced tomatoes, thin sliced cheese (monterey jack), bacon
Process: Slice your bread, tomatoes and cheese, and cook bacon. Layer cheese and tomatoes on once side, and bacon on the other. Press together and grill! I used a bit of oil on the bread for crispiness.
We enjoyed our paninis with pumpkin apple soup.
Jordan really enjoyed this sandwich! I hope you do too.
Ooooh, yuuuuum!
ReplyDeleteNow i'm hungry!
ReplyDeleteI'd like the recipe for the bread and soup, Becky, they look and sound delicious!
ReplyDeleteThat looks really good!!!!
ReplyDeleteBecky, in your next life you'll have to open a restaurant - I'll eat there at least once a day.
ReplyDeleteDad Y
I will put up a recipe for the bread at some point soon! I will try to remember what I did with the soup, Olinda, and send you a recipe! :)
ReplyDelete