The other night, I decided to experiment a little bit. I wanted something easy, but not the same old. So, I decided to make coconut crusted chicken... I've been going a bit wild with coconut lately. Which is funny, because I don't even like it! Anyway, I made oven fries along with it and a tangy, spicy apricot dipping sauce. The sauce I will definitely make again... the chicken, I can't really say for sure. Jordan loved it, but for me it was not quite right. :)
Coconut Crusted Chicken:
Chicken (I used about 5 medium sized thighs)
2 eggs, beaten in dish
flour with salt and pepper in dish
2 cups of shredded coconut in dish
Preheat oven to 425 (this is what I cook the fries at... you could probably cook it at any other temp or brown first in a pan and then cook in the oven.) Cut defrosted chicken into strip. Roll first in egg, then flour, then egg, then coconut. Lay on tray for baking. Put in oven and cook until done!
Oven fries:
Potatoes
Boiling water
salt and pepper
olive oil
I use Yukon Gold potatoes... they are really tasty and you don't have to peel them!! That is the best part. Less work= really good recipe. :) Cut into small strips like fries, put in bowl and cover with boiling water for 20-30 min before baking. Drain and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay in single layer on baking try. Cook 20 min or so, then turn them over to brown other side. Cook to desired crispness!
Apricot dipping sauce:
Combine 1/4 c apricot preserves, 1/8 c teriake sauce, fresh garlic, juice of one orange and red pepper powder in a jar. Dip or drizzle over chicken!
Coconut Crusted Chicken:
Chicken (I used about 5 medium sized thighs)
2 eggs, beaten in dish
flour with salt and pepper in dish
2 cups of shredded coconut in dish
Preheat oven to 425 (this is what I cook the fries at... you could probably cook it at any other temp or brown first in a pan and then cook in the oven.) Cut defrosted chicken into strip. Roll first in egg, then flour, then egg, then coconut. Lay on tray for baking. Put in oven and cook until done!
Oven fries:
Potatoes
Boiling water
salt and pepper
olive oil
I use Yukon Gold potatoes... they are really tasty and you don't have to peel them!! That is the best part. Less work= really good recipe. :) Cut into small strips like fries, put in bowl and cover with boiling water for 20-30 min before baking. Drain and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay in single layer on baking try. Cook 20 min or so, then turn them over to brown other side. Cook to desired crispness!
Apricot dipping sauce:
Combine 1/4 c apricot preserves, 1/8 c teriake sauce, fresh garlic, juice of one orange and red pepper powder in a jar. Dip or drizzle over chicken!
No comments:
Post a Comment