If you take a look at the Panini Monthly page, you will see why I've decided to start formally doing a panini a month.
For our first month, I chose simple. It was a hot day and I'd been out shopping all day, so I wanted an easy dinner. I picked up the Puligese bread from Costco, Monterey Jack cheese (which I use for everything...), a roast chicken from Costco and a pepper spread from Trader Joes. I also had on hand dried cranberries, a champagne pear dressing from Trader Joes, and spinach. From these ingredients I did two simple paninis.
Chicken Pepper Panini
First I heated the grill. I use a George Foreman Grill... nothing fancy. Then I put the pepper spread on the bottom piece of bread, layered it with chicken first, then cheese, topped it with bread and grilled it.
This was Jordan's favorite of the two...
Chicken Cranberry Panini with Champagne Pear Gorganzola Dressing
I started by pouring some dressing on the bread, spreading it out, layering chicken, cranberries, spinach then cheese and grilling!
Mmm... This was my favorite of the two!
Random tip:
When making paninis, I often make extra- a whole loaf of bread worth or more. Then I bag them for lunches or freeze them to defrost for dinners/lunches later! Its a great way to make sure bread doesn't go stale!
Until July.... or sooner if I am inspired : )
Yum ...
ReplyDelete