Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oliver's 6 month day

On Saturday, we 'celebrated' our little guy's 6 month birthday. By celebrated, I mean that I used the excuse to bake a cake. :) 


I made a basic yellow cake and added blackberries (resulting in the comical face on the cake below) and frosted the cake with a lemon buttercream.



The most exciting part about our day  was that not only did we get to celebrate Oliver's six month birthday, but we also got to celebrate with Jordan's sister at the birth of Oliver's newest little cousin! Oliver was quite entranced by the tiny moving little guy. These cupcakes were a little part of our way to celebrate with them...


The cake itself was very small... I baked it in a 16 oz ramekin and cut it in half, frosted the center and added crushed berries. 
The middle layer of the cake....

I am not a cake designer... at all... but it turned out ok for the tools I have. :) 

And it tasted pretty good too. :) 



It is so amazing that six months have already gone by. Oliver has changed so much! He is getting to be a big boy so quickly. He is learning to crawl, almost sitting up, blah-blah and mah-mah ing all the time... I just can't believe how fast it is going.


From This... one week....


To This....  almost six months....


 And so I leave you with this adorable picture. Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Getting around to read and comment on a few blogs and enjoyed your posts. Your sweetness comes out in lovely ways...I think your dessert creations are wonderful-I like the simplicity-just delightful! Your little guy is as adorable as ever. Happy six months to him and congrats to you and the family on the new addition to the clan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, how fun!! aren't babies such a beautiful miracle? such a reminder of God's power and grace! it's weird to think that at Christmas time, shannon might be as big as oliver is now! happy 6 month birthday oliver!

    happy thursday! =D

    ReplyDelete