Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jordan's Fresh Herburgers



Jordan is the aspiring gourmet in our family. He likes herbs in everything. I tend to be happy with things being pretty simple, but Jordan is always looking through the spice rack trying to decide what to put in whatever he might be making or fixing for himself. (Fish, potato salad, etc.) The other night, he decided to make his own burgers, complete with lots of fresh herbs. I hope you enjoy his recipe!

Jordan's Fresh Herburgers

1 lb meat
1/3 cup oats
1 egg
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper
1-2 Tbspns each of fresh: Basil, Chives, Rosemary, Thyme

Mix all the above together. Press firmly together into burgers and grill, bbq, or however you choose to cook them. We enjoyed ours with the first ripe tomato from our garden.




1 comment:

  1. When I first saw the title I assumed the herburgers meant 'her-burgers,' as in 'she' made them. So, now I have to start re-thinking when I read. They do look awfully good - I have to admit. When we can next do it, I want to try the 'herburgers' for myself. Until then . . . .
    Dad

    ReplyDelete