On our final day in Canada, we enjoyed the long awaited trip to Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. It was certainly worth the wait! Stanley Park was such a beautiful place to walk and I hope to go back someday to see it colored by Autumn leaves. We loved walking along the sea wall and watching the boats coming and going and the water plane taking off and landing. It was a very busy day there at the park, as it was a holiday Monday, but we still enjoyed our visit! Unfortunately, our pictures didn't turn out incredibly well. We switched to our little camera for the trip and I think I forgot how to work it, since it had been so long since I used it!
I think my favorite aquarium exhibits were the jellyfish. I have lots of pictures of them. :)
Oliver watching these tiny animals with wonder.
Watching the sloth moving surprisingly quick for a sloth!
Beautiful color!
Watching the sea life...
Charlie, the False Killer Whale. I had never heard of one of these! Apparently, they are something in between a dolphin and a killer whale, and all three are a type of dolphin.
Oliver's favorite penguin! The kids really liked this wall of penguins.
Lily liked the Little penguin. :)
Fuzzy family picture.
Touching the sea life in the tide pools.
We ended our visit to the Aquarium with a couple excellent cups of coffee and a cookie shaped like a ray for the kids. In the picture below, Oliver is swimming the ray through the air.
All set for our walk! We walked almost halfway around the sea wall. If we had had a map, we would have just kept walking. We didn't realize we had gone as far as we did.
We were very excited to see two bald eagles flying above us. Can you spot the one in the pictures?
Ready to head back to the car!
We enjoyed our visit to Canada and family so much. It is hard to believe it has already been two weeks since we came home! We had such a great time with you, Grandma and Grandpa B., thank you for having us, and Aunt M. and all the rest of the family. :)
Beautiful jellyfish photos! (and some pretty cute kids too!)
ReplyDeleteI wholeheartedly agree :)
ReplyDelete