Saturday, May 5, 2012

Favorite whole wheat cookies...

I made these cookies the other day because I had no all purpose flour. They are now my absolute favorite cookies! :D AND, I can pretend they are good for me... 

 
 

  • 3 1/2 Whole Wheat Flour (I used Trader Joes)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2-3 cups rolled oats
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup + dried cranberries. 

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy, then beat in the sugar.
  4. Beat in the eggs one at a time 
  5. Add the vanilla.
  6. Add the dry ingredients to wet.
  7. Stir in the chocolate chips, oats and cranberries until they are evenly distributed.
  8. Drop about two tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the baking sheet, leaving about two inches of space around each cookie.
  9. Bake for 10 minutes, until the tops are just golden. Do not overcook... they are good fat and slightly underbaked. 
  10. ENJOY! :D 

They are perfect with strong cup of Rwandan coffee, complete with cream... 


Now, off to bake another batch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment