This year for Mother's Day, we decided to do an herb planter. I have been inspired by the use of chalkboard paint recently, and have been looking for excuses to use it. I thought perhaps a pot with some flowers or herbs for Mother's Day would be fun. We decided on herbs and I wanted to label them with our little cork garden labels, found here. Here is a little DIY Tutorial.
Supplies you need:
Pot
Chalkboard Paint
Painting supplies
Chalk
Plants
Potting soil
Cork Labels (if desired)
1. Get out your equipment (paint, pot, brush/roller). Clean your pot so the chalkboard paint sticks to it.
2. Tape off the part of the pot you are not painting. We put paper around the bottom so that we could be messy while painting. :)
3. Paint whatever part of the pot you desire. Jordan used a brush and then a roller for one pot. I used a brush for the one I painted. They both turned out nicely!
I love the baby Oliver in the back. :) He was enjoying the nice weather...and the grass... the flowers...mommy taking pictures....
4. Label with cork labels... or label around the edge of the pot on the chalkboard!
5. Condition the chalkboard- rub with a chalk and then wipe off one or two times before use.
6. Write whatever you want! :)
Aww, Oliver is getting so big.... without us!! We need to get together and see him so that we can keep up. :D
ReplyDeleteYes! We do! We would love to see you all.... it will have to be when we get back from CO though.
ReplyDeleteSounds good! Our family will try and email you sometime soon so we can make a date.
ReplyDelete