Friday, December 23, 2011

Improvisations from living in a half done home...

Well, the room is coming along very nicely. We have been sleeping in it for a week now, and our entire front room is repainted (thanks to Timothy and Lucas!) The back room is so cozy and warm. Its not yet complete, as it still needs the baseboards (I keep calling them floorboards and am graciously corrected) and the trim.  Oh that's the other thing that still has to get finished... the lighting and wall outlets. It will be nice to have lights... other than twinkle lights around the window and reading lights on the bed.


However, even though its not complete, it feels like home already! 

Our front room, on the other hand, feels very empty. We will be refurnishing it with a couch and a tv entertainment cabinet, however, right now there is nothing cozy about it. Having been so used to doing everything in our bedroom, as our bedroom was our living room as well as in our kitchen, we were not inclined to watch movies from our tiny loveseat in an empty room. So, we improvised. Until we get a couch, we decided to move the tv from its wall mount, to a lovely new mount in our new bedroom. It is as you see below... a folding chair from my family's house, leaned against a small pillow and propped on top of a pair of Jordan's old nike shoes. I think its cute! Maybe we should market it for a new design for a tv stand! Just kidding... Anyway, I thought I would share this with you also, as I found it quite comical. :)



The baseboards and electrical should be in shortly, so I will be posting final pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. The TV stand was my favorite part of the "grand tour"! I think you should totally market it. =) Really, though, the room and the baby preparations are coming along so nicely...I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete