Saturday, December 10, 2011

Room and quilt progress

 The room is coming along quite nicely! Today it got its texture on it.... there aren't any pictures of that yet, as its still wet and Jordan is working on it, however, I do have some pictures from the last couple of steps. I am happy to say that I am far more informed about the process this time. First of all, the white stuff covering the walls, which I failed to know the name of last time, is called drywall. I am sure some of my readers knew that even while I did not. :) Oh well- no longer am I ignorant!



Jordan putting screws in the drywall...


The next step to be completed was 'mudding' and 'taping'. At least, I think that is right. Jordan is very good at this part! Apparently he also likes this part of the process.... its relaxing. I got to help out with that by going to the hardware store and buying another box of the drywall mud. I was able to learn the name and find where it is kept in the store, and the fact that it is very heavy. I went to the store with very STRONG orders from Jordan, that I was NOT to carry the box.




Once the taping and mudding was done, the room was ready for the texture, which Jordan chose to do with a spray texture method. I actually have no idea what types of other methods there are for this, or even what the spray method is like, as I was making cappuccinos while he was doing this, and the room was blocked by plastic. So, all I know is that he used an air compressor and now the room is covered in wet texture!

I think the next step is painting.... although, don't quote me on that. :)


The quilt project, however, I know much more about, thankfully, as I am the one doing it! I can't remember whether I mentioned before, but I am doing a strip quilt for the ease of it. This involves cutting different sized strips of different fabrics and sewing them together in long strips. Wow, that sounds complicated, huh? Anyway, below are a few of the different steps...

Cutting out strips...

 The strips cut out and laid in order, ready to be sewed together...


The pieces sewn together...
 

The next step is to put on the applique (which I have yet to finish, and which I am going to keep a secret until the quilt is complete) and the accent ribbon, which I have yet to choose, and then quilt it to the batting and backing! Oh and then add the binding (my least favorite part.) But, it will come together quickly, I am sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment