Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Six Months

Can it really be six months? It is so hard to believe that six months ago we were just married... It seems forever ago and yet so short. I know before we know it, the years will be flying by. It is hard to grasp the balance of looking forward to things to come and living in the now. I know that we always have to be planning for the future, so that we can be good stewards of what the Lord has given us, however, I find that I spend too much time thinking about what is to come and not enough of what God has given me here and now. Anyway...


For our six month anniversary on Sunday, we went to San Francisco. We took a picnic lunch and headed out on a beautiful clear day to explore some new places. We went to Golden Gate Park first- not new for me, but Jordan hadn't really ever been there. Apparently however, Sundays that happen to be sunny are NOT the days to go. It was swarming with cars and people. We finally parked somewhere and had a picnic lunch by Stowe Lake. We walked around and enjoyed the sunshine, blossoms, people watching, and eachother. 




Once Jordan had got me a coffee, which, I have to admit, I was a little too upset about it when at first I didn't get one (I sound too much like a child), we headed to the Presidio. We stopped at the Palace of the Legion of Honor and at a bridge lookout. 



The we continued toward the Presidio. Neither of us had ever really explored that area before. We had brought our bikes with us, with the hopes of riding around, but it had to be the right conditions, because I am NOT a roadbiker. Yet. :) Anyway, it happened that it was perfect conditions... nice trails for bikes and very little need to ride on roads. We rode along the bay, the sun shining brightly... everything was so beautiful! And the Presidio itself is so full of extraordinary buildings and history. 





Looking out from above the Presidio to Crissy Air Field and the bay. Below, the cannons and weapon storage mounds.
We rode right up to the bridge and underneath it. It is a weird feeling to be under such a huge structure with hundreds of cars driving over it. 



We finished our brisk ride, loaded up and headed home for chocolate raspberry cake and Narnia!  I am blessed to have been given such a wonderful home and husband and life to live. I am so thankful to be living daily through the grace of the Lord and learning about being a wife and a homemaker. 


No comments:

Post a Comment