Friday, April 15, 2011

Garden!!!

I have never had a garden before.... well, that isn't entirely true... however, I don't really think that small bed with vegetables in it counts, because I was probably 10 and gave up when my tomatoes died on a hot day. I have always talked about gardening, but have never made the time. This year, Jordan is building me a garden. I am so excited! I have started seeds already- for cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs, lettuce, and peas. We began the garden project a couple of weekends ago. It started with the ceremonious moving of my Dad's old Powerwagon. It was right where the garden would be, so it was moved across the field. 


While Jordan and my Dad occupied themselves with those things, I began work on my water trough garden, something I have been wanting to do for years. I suppose one of the benefits of living on a 'farm' or country property, is you have things like rusted out water troughs lying around. Now, they are not at all attractive when they are just lying around, but I figure if you just plant flowers in them, they become beautiful. So that was my project. 


Later that day, the posts went in for the fence around my garden, and eventually the fence it needed to keep the horses out. It is now waiting for the beds and the ground to be tilled, but it is on its way. Let me know if anyone has any gardening tips! 

More pics to come with the finished project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment