For our Panini Monthly for September, I decided to try a recipe that would incorporate the newest method I have tried of processing tomatoes- slow roasting.
Slow roasted tomatoes are very simple. Besides freezing tomatoes whole, it is the easiest and cleanest way I have tried of preserving them. You just slice them up, ad some garlic and olive oil, pop them in the oven and wait! (225/250 3-6 hrs) It makes your home smell quite fragrant too.
I have used the tomatoes to make sauces, on pizzas, and sandwiches, and the roasted garlic is great flavor for cooking chicken and other foods (tip from my sister.)
Our panini today is really simple. It is an italian twist on a quesadilla. Its quite good- I promise.
What you need:
tortillas
cream cheese
spinach
mozarella (grated)
optional: artichoke hearts, olives, etc.
olive oil for grilling
Slow Roasted Tomato Panini Wraps
Method:
1. Lay tortilla flat, spread with cream cheese (desired amount)
2. Layer with tomatoes, spinach, and any other toppings.
3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4. Roll, like a wrap sandwich, not a burrito.
5. Coat with a bit of olive oil and grill until golden and cheese is melted.
Enjoy!
Oh, too bad I already had lunch today! This looks delicious--can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteAngela