Its been a while since I posted anything craft oriented. I am constantly coming up with ideas, but I don't always have or make the time to implement them. Friday afternoon I was working on some place mats out of a simple linen fabric. I wanted to add something interesting to them, so I was playing around with some ideas. One thought was to leave one side plain and do these adorable apple stamps in fall colors on one corner on one side. We will see what I choose to do, but I enjoyed playing around with the stamps and was happy with the cute decoration they made!
You need:
paint (I used acrylic)
paint brush
apples, cut in half (you need one per color you want to do)
fabric (I used linen) or paper ( I am going to do some apple stamped brown paper for wrapping)
paper for under your work space
paper plate for mixing colors
1. Set up your work space with paints on a paper plate, paper under everything you are working with, apples cut in half and whatever you are stamping.
2. Dip apples in paint. Make sure they are very well coated. Press and hold on fabric or paper. Remove and set aside.
3. Paint stems and leaves if desired. I did only stems.
4. Dry and use in whatever way you desire! I fixed mine around mason jars and put candles inside for my window sill.
You need:
paint (I used acrylic)
paint brush
apples, cut in half (you need one per color you want to do)
fabric (I used linen) or paper ( I am going to do some apple stamped brown paper for wrapping)
paper for under your work space
paper plate for mixing colors
1. Set up your work space with paints on a paper plate, paper under everything you are working with, apples cut in half and whatever you are stamping.
2. Dip apples in paint. Make sure they are very well coated. Press and hold on fabric or paper. Remove and set aside.
3. Paint stems and leaves if desired. I did only stems.
4. Dry and use in whatever way you desire! I fixed mine around mason jars and put candles inside for my window sill.
I love how they turned out! I hope you enjoy!
So cute!
ReplyDeletevery cute, becky!
ReplyDelete