Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Good for you Goodies...

It is my brother's birthday this week. Gee, we are growing up fast. :) Robert will be 22.... it seems so recently we were little, running around in our backyard, cooking up 'potions' in jars, 'soups' in buckets, jumping in mud puddles... and now here we are! Robert is graduating college in less than a month, I am married with a baby and my little sister is no longer little. Its amazing how fast time goes. Soon, God willing, we will all have families and we will be watching our own children dance their way through childhood and into adulthood.

Anyway, back to my brother's birthday. It is tomorrow, in fact. We were getting a box of goodies ready to send to him for a birthday surprise and I was experimenting with some new recipes. In addition to some not-so-good-for-you-goodies, I tried out a couple of new treats.

They are so easy, I even love to make them. (That is saying alot, as baking isn't as fun as it used to be...)

Anyway, all you need are some nuts, dried fruits and a food processor and you are ready to go.
____________________________________________

Recipe #1: Ginger cookie balls
3/4 cup of dates
1/2 cup of almonds
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
dash cloves
few drops of vanilla
pinch of salt



 Pop it all into the food processor, add more or less of anything to taste, roll into balls and Voila! You have these! 




Recipe #2 Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Balls
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup nuts of choice (Almonds, walnuts, pecans)
1/2 cup raisins
A couple drops of vanilla

Blend and add more or less of any ingredient! 

 These are Jordan's favorite.

Recipe #3 Peanut butter cookie balls
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts
4 Tbsp choc chips
Vanilla

Blend...



 I hope you enjoy the recipes, and Robert, Happy Birthday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment