After sewing the strips of the quilt together, I went to go trim the quilt and realized that it was very crooked... or at least I thought it was. In all actuality, it was much less crooked than I thought it was. I took the quilt over to my sister-in-law's house and we cut it to square with her rotary cutter and mat got the quilt all laid out to quilt. Before I began quilting, I added the applique I had mentioned before. Below is a picture. I think something might get added to their eyes... maybe really well sewn on buttons. Hmm....
Slowly I began to quilt the quilt. It took me forever, and I was later shown that I was taking too small stitches and wasn't using a hard surface to help keep it smooth and simple. Jordan's mom finished quilting it for me- she did most of it in fact. Once the quilting was finished, I laid the binding out and sewed it together. My sister wanted to add her hand in helping, so she finished the last side of the hand stitching on the back of the quilt.
Binding laid out and ready for hand stitching the the backing.
This was my first attempt at actually doing the binding correctly on the quilt, and I am happy with how it turned out! Below are some photos:
Its done!!!!
Below are some photos of the nursery bedding. The bumper was a gift from my mother-in-law. It is an adorable soft, fuzzy brown and matches perfectly with the crib set. The dust ruffle was whipped out by my sister-in-law on the same day I was getting my quilt laid out for quilting. I am very happy with how it has all turned out.
For those of you who have not read my sister's blog, the three stuffed animals in pastels were made by her for our little one. There is a giraffe, a 'heffalumph', and a cat. Actually, she made the black and white cat on the end as well, for a gift for my birthday- he is the Turnip cat. :)
Below you see the crib sheet that I made from the 'Woodland Animals' fabric.
Now all it needs is a baby to go in it! :)
Yay!!! It looks beautiful, Becky. I'm so glad you got it done before the baby arrives. (Although I don't imagine the little one will care one way or the other)
ReplyDeleteHaha... yeah me neither. :) But it is so nice to have done anyway! Thanks for your help!
ReplyDeleteWow! It all really turned out nicely! You did a beautiful job on your binding. And I LOVE the appliqued owls!
ReplyDelete