I guess in a way you count the weeks through all of pregnancy, as pregnancy is counted in weeks... but I feel that we are really starting to count the weeks down now. We only have nine weeks to go, but that is getting closer to eight as the week goes by. Anyway, all that to say, we are moving along in the process of getting ready for our little one. I feel like I started researching and reading and looking for deals on items right away, and yet here we are at two months away, and there is still so much left to do!
We are adding a room to our suite, so we will be shifting things around a bit to have more space for both ourselves and the baby. The room is moving along- slowly, but getting there. We have a crib and a few other items we have picked up here and there on craigslist and a little closet set up for putting baby items in as they come along. I love my little closet. Every time I walk into our closet and storage space, I see the little white shelves, holding the tiny pastel clothes, burp cloths, diapers, and I feel a thrill of happiness. In a way, a baby doesn't feel real yet, but I can't help but remember that its real every time I see the closet.
Another project on my list of things to prepare for the baby, is a quilt and sheet set. Originally I had ambitions to do the crib bumpers and dust ruffle too, but we will see what happens before the baby comes. I spent a LONG time choosing fabrics (my sister will agree heartily with that statement, as she accompanied me on at least two trips to the fabric store and listened to me debate about the fabrics I had ordered.) I wanted the fabrics to match our bedroom set, as the baby will be in our room, so I wanted to incorporate reds and browns into the color scheme, while keeping it cute and babyish. As we don't know what we are having, we had to keep it neutral also. Below is the final result...
We are getting very excited as the time approaches for the baby to come! I will continue to post pictures of progress of our projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment