Monday, November 28, 2011

Canada!

As I am sure you have noticed, there haven't been any real material posts for a while now. I suppose I have been too intimidated to catch up! I do intend at some point to put up a few photos, in the least, of our trip to Italy and Greece, however, that hasn't happened yet, and it may be a while still.

I can, however, try to conquer a few of the more recent and smaller happenings of life.

A couple of weeks ago, Jordan and I took our final solo trip together before the baby comes. We packed up and headed out to British Columbia for a long weekend with Jordan's grandparents. We traveled through rainy weather and arrived in the beautiful Northwest in the late afternoon, just in time to see the sun set on the brilliant colors of fall.

We did little exploration while we were there, but the crisp, cold air and bright reds, yellows and reds of the trees, made what little we did, a lovely experience.   We went to Lynn Canyon on Sunday morning and went hiking through the damp forest.
 


The suspension bridge across the canyon made me feel dizzy and nauseous after walking over it, but it was impressive nonetheless.




 The snow on the mountains had arrived in the recent days of rain. It felt like a winter wonderland. I know it would be an adjustment to live somewhere snowy, but the little homes with the snowy mountains surrounding them, seemed so cozy and appealing to me. At least for a short time. :)
 The colors at Rice Lake, a small lake in the canyon, were lovely when reflected in the water.





For most of the trip however, we spent time relaxing and enjoying the warmth of a house and family. Jordan and I took brisk walks in the park across the street and on the last day, I made several pies- chicken pot pies and apple pies, for Les and Helen to enjoy after we had gone.





It was a fun little trip, but it was good to come home and be done with traveling for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment