Wow, its been a while again! A LONG while. So much has been happening around here. We have new fences, a tack room, a garden (which I am still working on digging dirt for) and so much more! Our horses are still alive which is a miracle really, seeing as they always seem to be getting into some sort of trouble... and our kitten... well, its really a miracle he is alive also, seeing as he thinks he's a dog and sometimes I have a feeling he wants to play with the horses!
This deer was so cute and stayed very close to us, as we took several pictures and watched it eat.
Life seems to be settling down into routine... for the most part. Maybe thats why there haven't been any blog posts for a while. Hmm... I don't know.
It is interesting how fast you can settle in to a new life. It seems ages ago that Jordan and I were the 'newlyweds' coming home from our honeymoon, setting up our home, learning about life together... and yet, we really still are newlyweds, not even married for 8 months! A couple of friends got married this last weekend, and I am humiliated to admit, that I found myself wishing to be back in that stage of our life. It is not at all that I am not happy or content with my life now, because I truly am happier than I ever have been, but I found myself wanting to be back in the week leading up to the wedding, with the anticipation and excitement of knowing the waiting was almost over, of being back on the magical day of your wedding- something most of us girls have dreamt about our entire lives, and of being back in the newness and sweetness of the honeymoon. I find it sad to think that we will never have that back. I know that it is normal and it is good. I know there has been nothing 'lost' in our relationship- instead it grows deeper and richer, and yet a part of me remembers back to that time and wishes to be there again. I hope we never forget! Congratulations to our beloved friends. :) We wish you all the happiness and joy in your marriage and cherish the newness of these first months.... they go fast!
Other than weddings and projects, we really haven't been doing much. We have been planning a camping trip, and purchased a new tent (yay!!!), but the weather seems to not want us to go. It has been freezing and rainy... and its June! My goodness... I would hope it would at least be a LITTLE warmer. Anyway, we are hoping to be going to Yosemite in a couple weeks. Jordan has never been.
Our biggest excitement is....
drumroll please...
We just booked tickets to Italy!!! Woohoo! We are going to Italy and Greece for 3 and a half weeks in late September/October. We have always talked of traveling and we are so excited to finally be going. I cant wait to blog about the trip itself!
We went hiking in Annadel on Sunday... it was the perfect afternoon- actually sunny for once! It was warm and so nice to be out together. Here are a few pictures from our day...
This deer was so cute and stayed very close to us, as we took several pictures and watched it eat.
Well, I guess thats all the news for now... I will be posting some other things soon I am sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment