Saturday, May 7, 2011

BBQ!

Ahh it is the simple things in life that make it a joy to live.  For instance, I recently acquired a beautiful black enamel weber barbecue, with the optional chrome trim package.  Ok, so it doesn't have chrome trim; but it sounds better that way.  I love BBQ.  Always have.  There is nothing that cannot be made better by putting it on a grill and cooking it.  So far we have had spicy shrimp and veggie kabobs, mexican kabobs and trout (and hot dogs and hamburgers, which don't count because they are normal... except when the hot dogs turn into polish dogs with saurkraut... those were good)!  The kabobs went into fajitas that were completely amazing.  And the trout, well that was so good... I first had to look up videos online about how to de-bone it.  Believe me it isn't as easy as the professionals make it look.  But after a bit of slicing and prodding I had the job done.  Then I laid the fish out with it's skin still on, put on some olive oil, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and sliced lemons, closed the fish around it and put it directly on the grill. So tasty! Becky doesn't like trout, but even she said it was pretty good. :) 

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment