It has been so long since we have done any updates here on the blog. I don't have any idea how I will catch up, but I will attempt to do a little catching up! We have been busy with lots of various things- projects, property maintenance and mostly with our two busy children! This first post is of our garden that my mom and I did together, with the help from Jordan and my dad. Without their gopher trapping, our garden would have been eaten up very quickly.
As I look through this photos, I am amazed at how much my children have changed within the lifespan of a summer garden! It is where Lily learned to walk and Oliver has learned to water and weed and plant. Now Lily is learning to fill baskets with tomatoes and water the plants and Oliver is husking the corn. I can't believe how fast the time flies.
Grandma and Oliver dumping the mulch
Our first pea shoots coming up!
What a cute little plant!
Lily was enjoying a brief bit of dirt before going back to the playpen
Our attempt at paving stones. I think that I should have consulted someone who knew a bit about concrete before I did this! They didn't hold together so well. :)
Mulch time! We used straw to mulch the pathways and around the plants as they grew.
Oliver was a great helper!
He wanted to 'muwch' ever day!
Lily liked it too!
Our garden beginning to take shape
Faces...
More faces...
Watering..
Lily loves to pick the bright yellow marigolds!
Be sure to check for more! Most likely I will get impatient and post them all tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment