Saturday, February 7, 2015

Some photos from Fall

I didn't get around to posting about our fall this past year, so I thought I post a few pictures! 
 
We had a busy first part of our fall, with a family wedding here at the property. My brother married his best friend on a beautiful day under a beautiful parachute, which we spent quite some time getting put up. The pole, which held up chute, went up sometime in September. Putting up the telephone pole was quite an ordeal, involving several men, a tractor, a telephone pole, ropes, and many nervous wives and mothers watching. The photos below were taken just a few days before the wedding when we put the parachute on the pole. Oliver was enjoying helping Daddy, and I was enjoying the beautiful lighting!


Unfortunately, I really didn't have a chance to take photos of the wedding myself. It was a beautiful day and most importantly, I now have a new sister and my little ones have a new aunt!

The pictures below are of the parachute the day after the wedding, before we took it down. It was so beautiful and soft and billowy. It's hard to believe from looking at it, that this parachute was used to drop cargo from the air- cargo as big as tanks! It's strength made it complicated to put up, as it was hard to hold onto when it caught the wind, but it was worth it in the end!
 


A couple of weeks after the wedding, we took the telephone pole down. It was a much smaller ordeal to take it down than to put it up. Isn't that often the case? 



After the busyness of the wedding was over, we had some time to slow down and enjoy life. We finally got into the routine of our new life as a family of four. We took alot of walks to the park and spent alot of time doing crafts and playing outside. 

Just a few months old....



We decided to head to a local Veterans Day parade this year.  We went last year too, but Oliver slept through the whole thing! How much a year of life can change a child! This year, it would have been unthinkable for him to sleep at all- even on the way home! We enjoyed coffee from Acre Coffee and Oliver had a little hot chocolate- a special treat! He loved waving his flag at the people going by. It was such an exciting day and he is already looking forward to next year's parade. What little boy wouldn't? Tractors, trucks, motorcycles, fire engines, candy, old cars and more!


 Just a reminder... it IS a hot chocolate, not a coffee. :) 

Matching vests....

These final photos were taken on a beautiful warm fall day. I love the colors of fall. It was impossible for me to capture the vibrant beauty of the colors, as I have limited skills with the camera, but I tried!





A lovely archway to frame the colors. I have to say though, that it was most beautiful when it was all lit with twinkle lights on the night that a bride and groom walked through it to start their new life. I think of my brother and my new sister often when I walk through that archway!

So, that was a little bit of our fall. I am sorry that I only am getting around to posting it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment