Saturday, July 26, 2014

Prepping for Baby...

We have been very busy around here doing just about everything but blogging! We have been camping, enjoying the outdoors, preparing for baby to come, and watching our little guy get bigger and bigger each day. I have a number of catch up posts headed this way, but for now, I thought I'd start with the biggest part of our life, which is getting ready for our new addition! 

Oliver is two and a half now, and while he really has no idea what is coming for him, he is very excited about the baby and likes to help me with anything he can. The other day we changed out our picture decorations in our room with Oliver's animal collection. This way, there will be only soft things above baby while he/she sleeps. 


Oliver got all the animals out of his crib for me and helped arrange them.


One fun little project was some new flannel burp rags. These ones are specially for Oliver to use and bring for me, since they are made from some of his favorite fabric.

(pictured under the burp rags is the beautiful blanket made for baby by Grandma)



This blanket was another fun and easy project for baby. I copied the idea from a blanket Oliver received from Grandma at his shower. I love the blanket so much, I made one too! I love this farm flannel I found. Its so soft and sweet and seemed perfect for a soft baby blanket.


My final sewing project was the Moses basket bedding. It was a project that was a little more involved than I expected, but I enjoyed the process and am pretty happy with the outcome. I decided to go with a simple white for the basket- a soft organic cotton for most of the basket with a panel of a swiss dot to add some texture on the outside. All but the handle pieces look pretty nice. The basket itself is quite crooked and after many adjustments, the handle pieces just got left as they are. The mattress is multiple layers of a soft organic batting. We are looking forward to showing pictures with baby inside it! 





We've been busy with lots of other preparations around here as well, but nothing worthy of photos!

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see all your sewing projects, Becky...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update--I enjoyed your past few posts. I love that dotted swiss you found, so cute! Your bedding came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete