Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oliver's Bithday Party

I know it is almost a month late, but I am finally getting around to putting up photos of Oliver's family birthday party. I made pinwheels and airplane garlands out of maps and paper in reds and blues. We enjoyed a delicious Spanish style meal, to which everyone contributed, and a dessert buffet.







Oliver LOVED the balloons given to him by Grandma and Grandpa Y. Below, he is sitting with Grandma R, while I accidentally blow out his candle. :)


Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. I think the rest of our kids will have ice cream bars for their birthdays. :)


Opening and closing cabinets: Oliver's favorite past time.

The xylophone was a hit! Thank you Grandpa R! Its a special gift!

Oliver was blessed with many beautiful homemade gifts. It is amazing to be a part of such a talented family! I will have posts to follow on the toolbox from his Daddy, the trucks from his Uncle Lucas, the Oliver Bear from his Aunt Jessica, the Non -Toms shoes from his Aunt Melody and the beanbags from his Aunt Naomi. You can see the I Spy from his Grandma Y here. A post will also be following with Oliver's first trip to the zoo. My parents gave him the gift of a zoo membership, which we are SO excited about. 

Oliver is a blessed little boy. He has such wonderful family right here who love him and shower him with their gifts and talents. I can't wait for him to learn from each of them! 

Happy Birthday Oliver!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, so old so fast! It has been fun "watching" him grow up this past year! Maybe I'll actually get to meet him this June! ;-) Will those fun travel creations be making another appearance then?

    ReplyDelete