Friday, February 24, 2012

Oliver's Sunhat

With the warm spring weather we have been having, Oliver has been less likely to need his warm snuggly hats, and much more likely to be blinded by the sun each time we step out the door. This results in Oliver throwing back his tiny head, squeezing his eyes closed and complaining, just a tiny bit. So, I decided to make him a little sunhat.

The result wasn't exactly what I wanted... I suppose most of my projects aren't. My sister says I am a perfectionist, which is partly true, but at the same time, I am not enough of a perfectionist to labor over my projects long enough to make the come out the way I want. I am NOT a very experienced seamstress, yet somehow I still expect my projects to look like they are products of one. Oh well...

Anyway, while at Joanne's the other day with my sister, I picked out a couple of fabrics to do projects for Oliver. Well, actually, she picked this one out, but I bought it. :) So, Wednesday, amidst feeding Oliver, changing Oliver, etc etc, I began this project. It certainly is different trying to get things done with a baby, especially when your baby believes that he is a permanent fixture of you and so you have to get all your things done while 'wearing' him. :)

So, back to the hat. I measured his head and cut out a simple pattern which I tried to revise to make a less pointy hat, but it is still a bit pointy. I will play with it a bit more next time I make one. The brim turned out a bit uneven too... thankfully Oliver will grow quickly so I can make him a new one soon! The hat is fully reversible (white on the inside), however, I decided to sew on an elastic strap so he could keep the hat on. :)



 I am sure this is the first of many projects for our little one. It is fun to have someone little to sew for!

1 comment:

  1. Aww it's perfectly adorable just like your sweet baby!! I think you did a great job on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete